Monday, October 26, 2009

MMM: Pointless Nostalgia

Hello stargazers. It's been a week since I've posted. I wish I could say I've been hard at work doing great things, but the truth of it is the daily grind had me neck deep in drudgery. That's neither here nor there. All that's important is that today is not only the day for another installment of the Monday Mood Music, but it's the beginning of the

Week of Reel WHorror!!!


muahahahahahahaha!

ahem...anyway. The theme of this year's Week of Reel Whorror! is a walk down memory lane. Specifically, I will be reliving horror memories of my childhood. I don't know what this says about my parents, but when I was but a wee lad I had my very own album of spooky sounds. Knowing my mother and father, I must have instigated the purchase of this album with threats of a tantrum if it were not done. Not saying I was a brat, but my folks weren't the type to actively seek out scary things for their firstborn. But I digress.

The point is I recall laying in the game room, listening to the console speakers crackle as the needle on the turntable converted the grooves of the record into the eerie monologue of Ghostly Sounds.

I remember thinking how cool it was that the LP's front and back made one big image. Oh, how easily impressed we are as children. The album was released in 1975 much like myself. It was put out on the Peter Pan Records label and is credited to Gershon Kingsley and Peter Waldron. You can find the album for sale online if you're looking for that perfect gift to frighten your child. Lucky for me, my folks still have my copy and the console stereo to play it. To christen the start of the Week of Reel Whorror, here now is the second track:

Ghostly Sounds - Goblins Step, and Laugh


Wow, I forgot how freaky sounding that album was! Sorry that was a bit short, but it was the only clip I could find. Then again, listening to the entire album may be too creepy!

Thinking back to my parents' console stereo, I also remember dancing to one of my mom's first 8-track tapes. Although this song has already been featured as a Monday Mood Music selection, I figure given recent circumstances, no one will mind the opportunity to enjoy this Halloween classic again:

Michael Jackson - Thriller

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment