Monday, October 4, 2010

MMM: Hakuna Matata Mutha...

Good Monday to you! I know you've probably come looking for a Monday Mood Music, but today I want to do something a little different.

As you may have heard, comedian Greg Giraldo passed away on September 29, 2010 as a result of an overdose of prescription medication. Just the week before I had been having dinner with friends and telling them how they should check out his hilarious act. His very adult, many times offensive comedy wasn't the most TV-friendly, but he was a regular participant in the Comedy Central Roasts. You could always count on his roast being one of the funniest of the evening.

I was lucky enough to see him perform here in Raleigh, a show which had me crying from laughing so hard. I am thankful I was able to meet him afterward and let him how much I enjoyed it, but I am saddened I will never get to hear his spin on all the future silliness the world has in store for us.

In honor of his recent passing, here's a clip from a live performance at Virginia Tech he did one year ago. Take a moment to appreciate Greg's NSFW comedy.

In Memoriam: Greg Giraldo
1965 - 2010


Thanks to Greg, the word half-a-tard will forever be in my vocabulary. He will be missed.  

.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

2 comments:

  1. nice to see another blogger commemorate the very funy and talented comedian. I posted a video last week as well. Love the site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm still sad over the losing Giraldo. Every time I hear some crazy news story, I think how he'd riff on it.

    ReplyDelete