Friday, October 29, 2010

FMK Friday: Final Girls Fight! - The Results

While the Week of Reel Whorror is still on a break, let's take a brief moment to review the results of this month's horror themed round of Fuck, Marry Kill! If you are unfamiliar with the game, here's how it goes:

To play I present you, my readers, with three people. You must decide which person you'd like to bed, which you'd wed and which you want dead. It's not always as simple as it sounds.

The theme of Round 7, Final Girls Fight!, received a total of ten votes. Not too shabby a turnout for just a few weeks of voting. Here's how the queens of the 70s, 80s, and 90s final girls fared under your scrutiny:   

Fuck Nancy (or Sidney),
Marry
Laurie (or Nancy),

Kill
Sidney (or Laurie)



Wow! I think these crazy voting splits is a first! Taking a closer look at the votes we see:


It's obvious voters have a love/hate relationship with Sidney, but Laurie and Nancy are on equal footing with one another.

Fuck Sidney: There is something alluring about Sidney Prescott and the bulk of voters are definitely drawn to her. I, too, came close to bedding Ms. Prescott, but ultimately I saw a couple of huge advantages to laying with Laurie Strode. Sometimes, there has to be more than a great pair of lungs on a gal.   
Marry Laurie or Marry Nancy: If not for my vote, the majority would have made Laurie the marrying type. Lucky for Nancy I swooped in and tied things up. Let's be real; long-term Laurie is a nutcase and no one wants to be hitched to an unbalanced woman (Is that redundant? I kid!) Nancy knows her way around a bedroom and is skilled at using rope, two keeper qualities.
Kill Sidney: The Army of Darkness line, "First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me," springs to mind for Sidney. As many of us wanted her dead as we wanted her alive and screaming, myself included. Sidney is a fearsome contender, but I just couldn't see her surviving one night with me, let alone for the long haul.

***

This would be the time when I introduce our next set of contenders to the FMK Friday challenge. Instead, I'm going to let these ladies revel in their victories. I now return you to our regularly scheduled Week of Reel Whorror!, already in progress.

.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment