Friday, October 8, 2010

Trailer Trash: The October 8th Quickie

Welcome to the second week of October where apparently, all the turds settle out. Oops, I'm getting a little ahead of myself. According to IMDb, this week offers three major releases along with the usual handful of limited fare. Even though I've spoiled my attitude for these films, why don't you humor me?


Secretariat This looks to be the triple crown jewel of the weekend. Hollywood trots out a sentimental, horse drama every few years and today is post time. Diane Lane's 'do is freaky-frightening, but I'm more bothered by seeing John Malkovich playing, apparently, the tallest ex-jockey ever! I'm not rushing out to see this, but if I were a betting man, this will be the only movie of the weekend to place. Okay, I'll stop the puns now.


Reel's Title: Equus Caballus Dominus Weekendus

Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.



My Soul to Take This is the latest offering of horror by Wes Craven and I couldn't care less (and not just because it's offered in horrifying 3D). Nothing from the trailer compels me to the theater. The only interesting scenes remind me of his earlier, superior films. I wonder if it isn't just a lame promotion to remind fans that Wes Craven's next installment of the Scream franchise will be out in a few months.


Reel's Title: My Cash to Take

Verdict: Exercise the Right to Cinematic Celibacy


Life as We Know It Months and months of waiting and finally I will be rid of this craptastic trailer. If I'm really lucky, the movie will vanish in a couple weeks. This would break box office records if audiences were watching Heigl and Duhamel make a baby, but raising a baby, not so much. Hopefully, this concept won't evolve into a poor-man's Look Who's Talking trilogy.



Reel's Title: You, Me, and that Shit-Ass Baby Our Two Dead Friends Left Us 

Verdict: Exercise the Right to Cinematic Celibacy


Another week and three more reasons not to visit the theater. Lucky for me, the limited release It's Kind of a Funny Story opens at my favorite art house theater. I also have four other must-see movies that my recent busy-ness has kept me from seeing so no worries. What will it take to get you into theaters this weekend?

.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

3 comments:

  1. Hey Whore,

    As if I'm not being too demanding all ready, I've tagged in the latest meme to make the rounds. Feel free to participate should you feel inclined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gawdawful week this was...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @blake: Sure. I'm only a month late, but it'll be good to keep it going.

    @Fletch: Man was it. I was out of town for a wedding so I was able to avoid the theaters altogether.

    ReplyDelete