Monday, October 11, 2010

MMM: I'm Back on a Boat!

Not technically a boat, more like "I'm back in a theater." After three weeks of weddings, road trips, and various other odds and ends, I was finally able to once again plant my ass in the dark and stare at that luminous screen. You may be wondering what brought me into theaters after all this time. It was Phillip Seymour Hoffman's directorial debut, Jack Goes Boating.

The Jack Goes Boating soundtrack worked very well with the story, but I don't think I'd enjoy every selection were I to hear them out of the film's context. Of them all, there is one song that I've liked for over two years. That tune, White Winter Hymnal, was the first single from the self-titled, debut album of the Fleet Foxes. Fleet Foxes are a Seattle folk band on the rise. It's a short, but infectious tune that's sure to stick in your head. Consider yourself warned.

Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal

Now that I've dipped my toes back into movie-watching waters, it shouldn't take me long to get back into proper, stargazing shape.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment