Monday, April 18, 2011

MMM: Keeps Me Searching

It's been an insane weekend here in North Carolina. If you've seen the news you've heard about the crazy weather. Outside of being caught on the road by a torrential downpour of rain and hail on Saturday afternoon, it wasn't too bad in my area of the county.

Before the rains came, I was able to mark another performer off my "Artists to See in Concert Before They Die" list. At 65, Neil Young still rocks. His set list contained seventeen songs, six of which are from his latest album, Le Noise. Here's the detailed list:

My My, Hey Hey (Out Of The Blue)
Tell Me Why
Helpless
You Never Call
Peaceful Valley Boulevard
Love And War
Down By The River
Hitchhiker
Ohio
Sign Of Love
Leia
After The Gold Rush
I Believe In You
Rumblin'
Cortez The Killer
Cinnamon Girl
Walk With Me

Seeing as how I was there to hear his hits, I wasn't as enthused by his new stuff. Not that it wasn't good, but sometimes you just want the classics. Of all his hits, there was one song I wish he had performed. I'm sure Neil is tired of playing it and was glad to have a tour without it. For today's mood music selection, I want to take you back forty years to April 1971 when this tune was fresh on Neil's mind.

Neil Young - Heart of Gold



.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment