Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Huh, huh, You Said "Poll" (01.14.09)

I'm think my frequent readers were probably sick and tired of the sidebar's closed poll adornment so I FINALLY removed it. For those who missed it these past few months, I wanted to know "How will The Spirit move you?" I was referring to how you thought you'd react to the Frank Miller film, if you ventured out to see it over the Christmas holiday.

My intent was to view the flick and reveal which group was closest to correct, by my standards. However, due to my holiday ailments and general disinterest; The Spirit has dropped off my radar until it reopens at the $1.50 theater down the street. Best of intentions squashed, here's your opinions on:

How will The Spirit move you?

1 person voted: Totally Rad! Awesome!
1 person voted: Not Too Shabby!
2 people voted: At Least the Women Were Hot!
3 people voted: Sucked Major Donkey Balls!
2 people voted: Frankly Whore, I don't give a damn!

Out of 8 people, myself included, the consensus was not promising. Given the buzz and how quickly it has vanished from local screens, methinks we may have been right!

---

Now on to new and more pressing questions! I promise, no Oscar/Award inquiries...at least not this time. If you're not interested in the lame January 2009 releases or the Oscar hopefuls littering theaters, you're probably renting. Since I'm still a homebody, I've been burning up the NFQ (FYI: Netflix Queue). The following movies release over the next couple of weeks and I want to know;
Which of these flicks would you most like me to queue and review?

Repo! The Genetic Opera (01.20.09)
Saw V (01.20.09)
Lakeview Terrace (01.27.09)
Pride and Glory (01.27.09)
RocknRolla (01.27.09)


The poll will be up until the last film releases. In the case of a tie, I will review both films. Sally forth! Your vote will shape my NFQ!

Large Association of Movie Blogs

8 comments:

  1. Well, it was a tough one and I really couldn't pick a clear winner between Lakeview Terrace or Pride and Glory. So if possible, I guess each would get a 1/2 vote or two whole votes, however you want to divide it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To clarify, I didn't vote yet, because I didn't want to skew your poll by voting for two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! In this instance, I should have allowed multiple voting. Then again I don't want to be watching all five come the next two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did Repo ever get a wide release? It had such a wildly varied cast that I think it can't be all bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No offense to your reviewing skills, but yeah, where's the "none of the above" choice?

    I went for Rocknrolla for lack of a better choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgive me, O Fletch! A "None" crossed my mind but obviously never made the poll. I endeavor to do better next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Spirit was intertaining.
    I think the trailers and marketing sucked more than the film.

    Jackson stole the film.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still plan to see The Spirit, just waiting for it to hit the $1.50 theater. Then I can see Sam-L in all his glory.

    ReplyDelete