Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How Do You Make a Whore Blush?

You give him an award, that's how. I am very honored that Blake of Bitchin' Film Reviews thought enough of my little corner of the interwebs to pass along the Kreativ Blogger Award.

Swanky logo, huh? By accepting the award I must:

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.


I am so honored, and slightly ashamed. Ashamed because I've been feeling like a blogging douche these past few months for my lack of correspondence and postage. This award has come just in time to get my Kreativ juices flowing before the premiere of my Best of 2009 recap.

Thank you, blake (Bitchin' Film Reviews), for warming the Reel Whore's home fires. We both adopted the Today I Feel Like This feature from our friend cheerfuld. I love his I Want to Rub This Trailer All Over Me segment and I can always count on him to provide much needed insight to those indie and foreign flicks the average moviegoer passes by.


Oh, how I love making lists of 7! Here's 7 things you stargazers may find interesting about me…

1) I raised rabbits in middle/high school. I'm not talking two, more like two thousand.
2) I own all 203 Playmates World of Simpsons action figures, plus all the playsets. Yes, I'm a nerd.
3) Not only do I not have my appendix, I don't have my colon.
4) My first paying job was in pickle research.
5) The first time I flew in an airplane, I was in grad school.
6) I have 70+ movie posters plastered to the walls of my office.
7) I keep every fortune I get out of fortune cookies, even the one that read, "Don't forget to tip your waitress."


Nominating 7 blogs was tough! There's so much more love I'd love to spread, but I've done my best to keep it within the limits. And the lucky bloggers are:

Monique Elisabeth's Movie Reviews by FAQs is a great site when you're looking for a concise, informative and humorous recap of any film sans spoilage.

Invisible Woman of Invisible Woman.....Black Cinema at LARGE must be heard. I never know what entertainment news will have her ranting in her This N' That feature, but I never miss the chance to read it.

Tafari's Mindspill is just that; a blog about whatever spills from Tafari's mind. His 1000 Words is series of photographs is awesome.

Sarah Linn of She Likes to Watch is not only a trip, but her reviews are so good she gets paid to do it. And here I am giving it away for free!

Bangagong of Music Is My Only Master is a college bud of mine who knows more about music than most people could shake their groove thang to.

Meggyc's nifty webcomic Filtered Fuzz has been dedicated reading since she put me onto her site last summer at HeroesCon. It's probably the most family-friendly entertainment the Reel Whore enjoys.

Nick at Random Ramblings of a Demented Doorknob always has something interesting about book, movies or his Production Diary.


Thanks again to blake for nominating me! Time now to get back to my regular posts and prove why I deserve such an honor.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

5 comments:

  1. That was your medical emergency from last year (or the year before, it's hard to keep track) - you got your colon removed?!? Ugh, that sounds terrible. What does it mean on a day-to-day basis?

    You must have a big office...

    Congrats on being Kreativ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks so much for nominating me!... Now I've got to figure out how to do all that required tasks, and I'm thinking one of the 7 things you may not know about me is that I'm a technical-- what's the opposite of a genius?... Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that it could take some time, cuz I may need to ask for help with the technicalities. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I'll be sure to check out the sites mentioned, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least your chances of colon cancer are (most likely) significantly reduced...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Fletch: Yep, those were my medical issues from late '08. It was not a pleasant experience, had 3 hospital stays, 2 for surgery and 1 for some post-surgery problems. Obviously all is well now. They just rerouted my small intestine to make up the difference and life is normal, more or less. I just go to the bathroom a few more times than your average bear. Way better scenario than before the surgery.

    Actually, they're all mini-posters so only about half my wall space is covered. I've got a 10x13 space.

    @Monique Elisabeth: You're welcome! No worries, take your time. If you need any help, let me know.

    @Film Gurl: I'm sure you'll discover a few new favorites. They're great sites.

    @blake: Non-existent. Before the surgery, all the meds were making cancer more likely. How was that helpful?

    ReplyDelete