Friday, February 4, 2011

Trailer Trash: The February 4th Quickie

Another week, another set of new releases out to capture audience attention. IMDb lists a couple of limited releases opening today, but unless you live in Los Angeles or New York City you'll only have your choice of  two major releases. Luckily for me, my second-run theater is overflowing with interesting movies. If you're not so fortunate, there's always one of these...


Sanctum James Cameron, Titanic, Avatar, 3D; all buzz words used to sell audiences on rushing to see this. The only thing you can trust is the 3D will probably be better than the usual crap offered. However, Cameron didn't direct and this ain't got nothing to do with sunken ships or big-ass, blue aliens. Think an episode of Man Vs. Wild meets Daylight, minus Bear Grylls nomming on a pâté of bat excrement.
 

Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.


The Roommate Any time of year is a good time to release a watered-down remake. But wait, this cutie-laden, PG-13 thriller isn't actually touting itself as a remake of Single White Female. How that's possible? Hell, the crazy bitch even brings home a cat to bond with her new roomie! Granted, it was a puppy in SWF, but is that change sufficient to forgo paying John Lutz his due? Not even gratuitous Aly Michalka cleavage can make us overlook such a blatant rip-off.

Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.


You've got less than a week to vote on my latest FMK so get on that. As for me, I'm going to get on some cheap, second-run movies!

Large Association of Movie Blogs

2 comments:

  1. Weak weekend at the movies this week, and I don't know if Sanctum will be as much as a success due to its R-rating. IMAX + R-rating doesn't quite work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt' even notice the R rating in the previews until you mentioned it. That's a bad move for box office bank. I'm hearing now it's not that great either.

    ReplyDelete