Friday, April 13, 2012

Trailer Trash: April 13 of 2012

This whole bi-weekly posting of the Trailer Trash is starting to become a bad trend. It's not like movies only release every two weeks, I just get too behind in my other tasks to bang one out. What matters most is that I'm here now to service you with this weekend's latest cinematic offerings.

Cabin in the Woods From the looks of the trailers, it's like a tried-and-true B-movie horror story hooked up with a sci-fi, uber-tech conspiracy film to have this Whedon-Goddard love child. I do worry the concoction may be like Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses and blend about as well as oil and water. With Whedon involved, good or bad, I'll be there this weekend.



Verdict: Moist With Antici...Pation!


Lockout Or, as I like to call it; SPACE PRISON! It just sounds way cooler than Lockout. Space Prison! Come on, say it with me, Space Prison! Cool, right? Well, poor naming aside, I'm always up for a project that Luc Besson has his hands on. I doubt this will be mind-blowing, but Peter Stormare is there to chew up the scenery so it can't be completely terrible.




Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.

 

The Three Stooges Much like Space Prison!, this doesn't look like a great movie. The trailers do, however, hit me in that soft spot I have for the Stooges. I spent many a Sunday morning watching The Three Stooges beat the living hell out of one another and crack wise and all the while I ate it up. Casting looks pretty spot on, and I believe the Farrelly Brothers will do their best to honor the original material. It might be fun reminiscing on the days when I was more easily entertained.
 
Verdict: It's Friday, I Don't Want to be Alone.


That's how I see this weekend's offerings. Are any of these floating your boat, or are you anxiously saving your pennies for May's release of The Avengers?

Large Association of Movie Blogs

1 comment:

  1. I can't share your comment. This seems like a good weekend to hit the $2.00 theater or check out Pariah at the Galaxy.

    ReplyDelete