Saturday, April 21, 2012

Trailer Trash: April 20 of 2012

I'm a little late with this week's Trailer Trash, but at least I'm proud I managed to get it out. Especially considering the new releases being offered. Let's have a look shall we?

Chimpanzee What's that you say? Disney has released another nature-themed movie designed to bilk audiences of their hard-earned cash. Why, it must be Earth Day weekend! If you're feeling that green guilt (not the St. Patrick's Day kind, the other green guilt) why not opt to volunteer at a nature conservancy or feed the birds in your backyard. Save watching pandering cinema during your winter rental cycle.


Verdict:  Exercise the Right to Cinematic Celibacy.


The Lucky One Being a North Carolina native, I should be proud that Nicholas Sparks has yet another of his books adapted to the big screen. I would be, but I don't like most of these adaptations, and trust me, I've seen more than my fair share. Obviously, the hunky Zac Efron isn't geared to my specific demographic, so I'll stay home, leaving a seat open for the film's target audience.



Verdict:  Exercise the Right to Cinematic Celibacy.



Think Like A Man A great, talented cast (Chris Brown notwithstanding) in a movie by Tim Story. He's a director who does funny way better than fantastic, if you get my drift. Steve Harvey is hilarious and though I haven't read the book this is based on, I absolutely must support any film that's not being shoveled down our throats by Tyler Perry. 



Verdict: Moist With Antici...Pation!

If I can get my ducks in a row, I plan to see the film Raid this weekend. How is it I've never heard of this until last week?!

Large Association of Movie Blogs

3 comments:

  1. I'm so waiting to see Think Like A Man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Act like a lady, think like a man is that good? Maybe I will have to read it. I recently wrote an essay on Think Like a Man here: http://film-book.com/think-like-a-man-2012-what-hollywood-needs-to-learn-from-this-film/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping it would be. I was also hoping it would show that someone other than Tyler Perry could make entertaining African American films.

      Thanks for the link, I'll have to check yours out.

      Delete